building, belonging to the city of Edinburgh is crammed with pictures,
etchings, busts and memorabilia including bibles, pipes and walking
sticks which celebrate the lives of the three writers who all at
one time lived in Edinburgh.
Sir Walter Scott, Robert Louis Stevenson, and Robert Burns.
Robert Burns stayed in the house opposite the museum during
his first trip to Edinburgh in 1786. (since demolished and
rebuilt, now as Deacon Brodie's Tavern)