in the mid 15th century then rebuilt again in the 16th century
by Goldsmith James Mossman who also lived here.
This house now belongs to the Church of Scotland and forms part of the Netherbow
Centre. John Knox the Scottish religious reformer may have died here in 1572.
The house is dedicated to him and his life. It is a wonderful example of houses
typical of this period with its overhanging wooden upper storeys and crow stepped