is a typical 16th century built Canongate house with the
triple gables over the two lower stories and its plastered,
wood - framed upper floors.
early 16th century dwellings were integrated by John Acheson
in 1570 to provide a roomy, though modest residence.
The name probably came from George 1st, Marquis of Huntly who
briefly stayed there in 1636.
the House was also known as ' The Speaking House' because of
the Latin inscriptions dispalyed on the exterior wall. There
are five mottos, four from the 16th century and one which was
added when it was last restored in 1932.