Abbey Courthouse once housed the Scottish Court. It is
now used by the High Constables of Holyrood House.
It is situated on the right hand side of the Palace gates
on Abbey Strand just behind the Old Free Church of Scotland.
heraldic panel fixed to the wall is the cypher and arms
of King James V. It was originally fixed above the entrance
to the Gatehouse.
The outline of the Gothic Porch and Gatehouse, built in1502,
are still visible. Both were demolished in 1753 by the Keeper
of the Palace.