FACEBOOK
HOME PAGE ABOUT ROYAL MILE INFORMATION SEARCH
   

 


Home

places of interest places to shop on The Royal Mile Bars & Restaurants on the Royal Mile Pubs & Clubs Royal /mile Tours & Travel Accommodation Businesses & Services

 

Trunk's Close

 
 

TRUNK'S CLOSE

There is no definitive account of how this close acquired its name, but it is commonly believed to be a derivation of the Turing family, who owned property on this site between 1478 and 1529.

The first edition of 'The Edinburgh Review' was published in this close in 1802, and Lord Heathfield, later to become the hero of the siege of Gibraltar, lived here while attending school.

This close currently contains the HQ of the Cockburn Association, the city's Civic Trust.

Places Of Interest Edinburgh Old Town
 
 



On The Royal MIle History Photo Gallery Festivals Maps Liinks Off The Royal MIle SHOP Advertise EDINBURGH-SITES.COM


places of interest places to shop on The Royal Mile Bars & Restaurants on the Royal Mile Pubs & Clubs Royal /mile Tours & Travel Accommodation Businesses & Services

© EDINBURGH SITES