FACEBOOK
HOME PAGE ABOUT ROYAL MILE INFORMATION SEARCH
   

 


Home

places of interest places to shop on The Royal Mile Bars & Restaurants on the Royal Mile Pubs & Clubs Royal /mile Tours & Travel Accommodation Businesses & Services

 

Sugarhouse Close

 
 

SUGARHOUSE CLOSE

This land was originally owned by the Earl of Dunkeld, but between 1752 and 1824 the principal business conducted on site was sugar refining.

The first refinery, or 'sugar workhouse', belonging to the trustees of the Edinburgh Sugar House, was destroyed by fire in 1800, but David Jardine & Co. rebuilt the property and continued a similar trade.

Places Of Interest Edinburgh Old Town
 
 



On The Royal MIle History Photo Gallery Festivals Maps Liinks Off The Royal MIle SHOP Advertise EDINBURGH-SITES.COM


places of interest places to shop on The Royal Mile Bars & Restaurants on the Royal Mile Pubs & Clubs Royal /mile Tours & Travel Accommodation Businesses & Services

© EDINBURGH SITES