FACEBOOK
HOME PAGE ABOUT ROYAL MILE INFORMATION SEARCH
   

 


Home

Royal Miel Closes
places of interest places to shop on The Royal Mile Bars & Restaurants on the Royal Mile Pubs & Clubs Royal /mile Tours & Travel Accommodation Businesses & Services

 

Old Assembly Close

 
 

OLD ASSEMBLY CLOSE

Originally called Little's Close after the brothers, Clement and William Little (the former founded the University Library; the latter became Provost of Edinburgh in 1585).

Dancing assemblys held between 1720-1766 gave the close its current title.

This site was also scene to Edinburgh's most disasterous fire which destroyed all the buildings between here and Parliament Square.

Places Of Interest Edinburgh Old Town
 
 



On The Royal MIle History Photo Gallery Festivals Maps Liinks Off The Royal MIle SHOP Advertise EDINBURGH-SITES.COM


places of interest places to shop on The Royal Mile Bars & Restaurants on the Royal Mile Pubs & Clubs Royal /mile Tours & Travel Accommodation Businesses & Services

© EDINBURGH SITES