after John Craig, wright and burgess,
Craig Close as with Allan's Close was demolished in 1932
to incorporate an extension to City Chambers therefore the
upper part of this close no longer exists.
Originallly it ran from the High Street directly to Market
Street but is now cut through by Cockburn Street. The bottom
part of Craig's Close from still remains and allows a steep
access to Market Street from Cockburn Street
once residence, Andrew Hart, brought out an addition of
the Bible here in 1610.
Both Robert Burns and Walter Scott had associations with
The Isle of Man Tavern was located here and frequented by
Robert Fergusson, Henry Raeburn, Deacon Brodie and Alexander
The early Scotsman Newspaper Offices were also located here.