FACEBOOK
HOME PAGE ABOUT ROYAL MILE INFORMATION SEARCH
   

 


Home

places of interest places to shop on The Royal Mile Bars & Restaurants on the Royal Mile Pubs & Clubs Royal /mile Tours & Travel Accommodation Businesses & Services

 

Campbell's Close

 
 

CAMPBELL'S CLOSE

In earlier years called Rae's Close, the name is derived from Canongate magistrate and meal merchant George Campbell, who owned a tenement on the north side in 1682.

In the eighteenth century, the close was home to Arthur Ross, the Archbishop of St. Andrews, and both the thirteenth and fourteenth Earls of Morton.

Campell's close leads to Calton Road.

 
  Royal Mile Closes  
 



On The Royal MIle History Photo Gallery Festivals Maps Liinks Off The Royal MIle SHOP Advertise EDINBURGH-SITES.COM


places of interest places to shop on The Royal Mile Bars & Restaurants on the Royal Mile Pubs & Clubs Royal /mile Tours & Travel Accommodation Businesses & Services

© EDINBURGH SITES